Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies + Ground Flaxseed
These delicious and chewy pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are wholesome and nutritious.
As we approach holiday festivities, I am sharing one of my favorite cookie recipes. These pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are nutritious, delicious, and wholesome! When I bring these little bits of goodness to parties, my friends and family rave about them. They are a feel good after eating it kind of dessert. Those who are trying to eat “healthy” love these little morsels of wholesome ingredients. These cookies are not the “healthiest” cookie out there, however, the ingredients such as wheat flour, olive oil, ground flaxseed, cinnamon, oats, and pumpkin purée help me feel better about eating a dang delicious cookie.
- Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Old-Fashioned Oats – 3/4 cup
- Ground Cinnamon – 1 teaspoon
- Baking Soda – 1/2 teaspoon
- Sea Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground Nutmeg – pinch
- Canned Pumpkin Purée – 3/4 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Olive Oil – 1/4 cup
- Ground Flaxseed – 1/2 tablespoon
- Pure Vanilla Extract – 1 teaspoon
- Milk Chocolate Chips – 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir together dry ingredients (wheat flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg) in a mixing bowl.
- Mix together in a separate bowl the wet ingredients (pumpkin, sugar, olive oil, flaxseed, and vanilla extract).
- Combine and mix dry and wet ingredients.
- Stir in the milk chocolate chips in the dough.
- Drop rounded tablespoons a greased cookie sheet. Press cookie dough down into a cookie shape with a utensil. Space the dough about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes.
- Take cookie sheet out of the oven and move cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Consume and enjoy! Makes approximately 24 cookies.